Friday 16 February 2007

Aghh!

My mate in Cork, the lucky lucky lucky wotsit, has found a proper North Chinese restaurant for Chinese people that cooks the food I ate in China. Guo ba rou, malaga douf, tou do ni, dan qiao fan.

ARGH...

I can't believe it. My morning was going so well. I live in London. There has to be a restaurant that cooks the same food.

There has to be...

~sigh~

Ahh well, Gotta get on with life again. My word what I wouldn't give for some of that old lovely food.

Anyway, we had a a power cut last night. I was happy browsing the old dubleya doubleya doubleya and "Boomf" Suddenly we were all out in the dark. I know the area we were in lost power and that the people across the other side of the train tracks hadn't lost any. Lucky them...

So I sat around in candle light reading my new scientist until I was sleepy and went to bed. As you can tell we got power back, thank heavens.

It reminded me of when I lived in China, there would always be power cuts, so you'd just grab yourself a torch and head on over to someone elses place. It would be the time we'd all get together and have a nice old drink/chat/do stuff thingy.

I miss those days. I miss living in a community. I miss just popping over the way and seeing friends. I miss getting together with the guys and exploring town.

Golly gosh darn it. That's stirred up a wasps nest of memories.

But at least they're good ones. Happy days they were.

Now I'm unsettled and wanting. Flippity.

I need a horoscope to cheer me up. From Jonathan Cainer, the worlds best astrologer.

"If you can keep your head when all around are losing theirs..." You have probably got a very tough neck! There's a lot to worry about at the moment. The potential for disaster is high. Or so it seems. Actually, the precipices are always this close. It's just that usually we look the other way. Just because others are now making a lot of fuss or becoming exceedingly agitated, you do not need to follow them. Assume that everything is going to be absolutely fine... and it will be.

Right, I can manage that. Let this little ripple of old memory fade away and allow myself to feel comfortably assured.

10 days from now, I'll be at work, 10 days from now, I'll be finishing in 3 hours. phew...
10 days from now, I'll be a little bit richer with more time off. Mmm precious time.

Then I can start living my dreams again. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh, what I wouldn't do for some authentic Chinese food. The take out here is rubbish Americanized crap!

Andrew said...

Oh Robin,

I love the clock on your blog. I stop by just to see what time it is across the pond. It is five in the afternoon here and two hours from midnight where you are!

Take care mate. Love the blog.

Jonathon Andrew