Wednesday 14 February 2007

Would you Adam and Eve it.

I looked at the calender on my mobile phone, the one I use for all the things I have to remember. I'd schedueled in my appointment with the nurse not two minutes after I'd booked it with the receptionist.

I am certain that the time I have is the time she gave.

I got my things together, put on my coat, grabbed my door keys and headed out into the bleak dull wet day. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to the doctors. I went up the steps and pressed the buzzer.

Nothing, not a sound.

Hmm...

I pressed it again and then looked at the front door. I saw a notice.

Monday : Open 9am to 1pm closed open at 3pm till 7pm

Tuesday : Open 9am to 1pm closed open at 3pm till 7pm

Wednesday: CLOSED open at 5pm till 7pm

WHAT?!?!

Hang on a minute...

WHAT!?!?!

I laughed to myself on the step and the old man walking by looked at me to take in this strange bloke laughing to himself.

WHAT!?!?!

Closed? But I was told to come at this time, so I am here. Unless I'm sadly mistaken and I genuinely made a mistake. What!?!?!?

Closed, how? Why? Why am I being cursed with one ringing ear? Is there a reason? Is there a purpose to it that I am unaware. Is it meant to be? Has God garned me for some special thing that only a man with one ringing ear can possibly do anything about?

Why?

Why?

I just want the ringing to stop. Please. Please...

No comments: