Thursday 15 February 2007

My shirts on inside out.

I was sat on the train, miles away in my own thoughts, as you do. I'm being typically English, not staring at anyone, just watching out the window to who knows where.

A rather posh sounding man in some typically stereotypical country garb, leans over and puts his face not inches from mine.

"Who tailored your jacket?" He spoke.

I sat there, registered that I'd been spoken to, pulled my gaze back to my current surroundings and looked back at him. He was half smiling.

"I bought it in Italy." I got round to replying.

"Oh", he replied quite surprised. "Did you buy it in Milan?"

I sat back in my chair and pulled my gaze away to the left, I had to think about it. "No, I bought it just outside of Busto Arsizio, I can't recall the name."

He looked it over and I began to feel quite the sore thumb.

"It's very well cut" He noted, "Round the collar."

"I got it on sale for ten Euros" I added.

Which was around the point the conversation trailed off. We reached the next stop and as he got off I gave him a little nod of recognition goodbye.

That would have to be the umpteenth time I've been complimented on my jacket now. Shame summer is coming, I wont be able to wear it much longer.

Yeah, as the title says, I was in so much of a hurry to leave work before they did the cash snatch, I put my shirt on inside out.

Which is as it is right now. Untill I go to bed I think too.

Ciao a tutti.

No comments: