Wednesday 14 February 2007

Something nice.

I wasn't the only little red robin in the house today.

I'd finished doing stuff on my computer and decided to go downstairs and fix myself some breakfast. I walked toward the kitchen door which had been shut, as I opened it I saw a flit of brown feathers in front of me. My mind registered that it appeared to be within the same room as me. Then I noted a bird just outside the back door. Which I concluded was the bird I just saw flit away.

I stood in the doorway to the kitchen and just watched it outside, then out the corner of my eye I saw movement, as I turned my head I noted a little red robin stood on the inside of my kitchen window!

!

He eye'd me with one eye, cautiously wondering if I posed some kind of threat I imagine. I didn't want to startle him too much, so without much ado, I walked to the back door and opened it. The wee chap had flown and sat on top of the microwave and as he saw me back out of the room he flew and landed on the chair, by the table just in front of me. I'd closed the door and the wee fellow eye'd me once more through the gap and then flew outside.

It was a pleasent encounter for me I have to say. Although, the Robin probably felt a bit intimidated. I would have taken a picture but that would have meant coming upstairs and leaving the poor guy stuck in the kitchen. Which didn't seem that ethical to me.

Bless him.

I hope he comes back to the garden again...

No comments: