Thursday 31 May 2007

Uurrghghurggh...

Yeah... That's how I feel right now.

I've gotta get off my jacksie in a minute and drop off my xbox to ups so it can begin it's journey to be fixed. Still can't believe I only had it 10 ish days before it died. That has to be the worst record ever for a piece of hardware.

I had an ok-ish day at work. We have that lady back who used to do the admin before I arrived on the scene. She must have gotten off to 4 wrong foots with me this morning. She's a nice person, she was just frantic with worry and shooting bullets off all over the place.

"You haven't printed them out yet!?!" She insisted at me, having only been sat there 60 seconds and still waiting for the piece of cr*p that is the computer to boot up.

I sat there and raised my hackles "I'm still waiting for the computer..."

Then there was another few things she went on about, but I think I've blocked them from my mind.

Trying to get the paperwork done with her was a nightmare. She seemed oblivious to the most obvious things and would speak in terrible generalities.

"Have you finished them yet?" She asks.

"Finished what yet?" Thinking of the three possible parts that that could refer to.

No answer.

"Finished what yet?" I asked again. I then trailed off into my "'Rrrr...' aggravated I'm going to sit by this computer and get very shirty with you now" mind set.

In any case, as far as I know, we got all we needed done. I think...

I had to laugh this morning as they weer trying to find the keys for the wallbox, which holds all the other keys. Including the ones for the safe which hold the keys for the cash office, which we need. Great.

The new section manager from another shop and herself, 4 foots wrong lady, were trying to find out where the keys were for the wallbox. They did scramble about the place in a frantic worry. It resulted in our 80's haircut boss being disturbed in bed at 6:15am and she'd gotten to bed at 2am. So that came round to bite me in the arse.

"I'm very disappointed with you Red Robin."

"Well, as I understood it, I'm not supposed to hold keys to that box." I replied. "The managers and shift leaders are the ones who do."

"Yes, but the white Russian holds a key so you should have done a clean swap over. This is very disappointing"

... and blah blah blah. I really don't care. Too many rules and too much bureaucratic mumbo jumbo.

Looking forward to my holiday. On the 6th. Should've booked it so I skipped the Monday. That's going to be the real hell to pay day. It really will be. It's the day with the most things to change within admin.

Bleh!

I need to do something else within the shop.

No comments: