Tuesday 9 January 2007

Day before my day off.

They've asked us to take unpaid days off next week. I might take them up on a Thursday off, that way, I'll only be working 2 days, with days off between them for just over a week. Nice.
I've also hardly touched my cash. I allowed myself to buy a 15 pound watch which I needed for work which is still there, I don't like wearing watches. I was put off it by the couple of years it took me to lose that feeling that I was missing something from my wrist, when I used to wear watches as a kid.

Anyway, days long gone by.

Time for now and my horoscope from Jonathan Cainer and this one has got me thinking...

"'Don't it always seem to go, but you don't know what you've got till it's gone?' Joni Mitchell's words still remain relevant. All too often, we take the good for granted while we waste time fighting battles or chasing rainbows. We know about our own propensity to do this and try not to be so careless. Sometimes, in our effort to avoid making a mistake we go to the other extreme and cling to something we really should get rid of. Is there a habit or a commitment that you have now outgrown?"

Hmm? My first thoughts were of work and having to work so far away. It is a commitment to keep travelling there and I don't want to. Not sure really.

Clinging to something... Hmm, I could be clinging to the fact that I'm comfortable with my newly achieved status quo. I'm not one for rocking boats.

It could be something else. But I really don't know what.

My working in the evenings and my hour commute in both directions is the only thing that I feel I should be getting rid of. Although I'd kind of feel bad about leaving after they've only hired one person of the Christmas staff, me.
Although, that isn't my fault. It's just the way it happened.

I really wish I didn't feel so obliged to be so considerate of every other person in this world apart from me. I've been watching myself lately and everything I do, is out of consideration for someone else. There's hardly any room left for me.

Perhaps it's that that I'm clinging to, that I need to get rid of. I can't be forever on the keep sakes for others.

It would be very hard for me to let go of my sense of obligation to the well being of others.

A good example of my live for others is this.

My mum keeps asking me if "I" want to take my brothers dog for a walk. She says that and asks so because in her mind she thinks I'd like to walk him. That I'd get some kind of enjoyment from it. That it's for me, not for the dogs sake. As, as ever, utterly wrong on her part and presumption. The only reason I'd like to walk the dog is for the dogs sake. Not my own, I have no need of such a thing. So she goes on her own this morning.

I keep asking them that we go together somewhere and let him go for a proper run off the lead. Where he can get some decent exercise. Because as we live now, it isn't right for the dog. But, he's better off here than in a dog pen for a month. Hopefully, they'll take him up to Norfolk for the weekend. Although, I doubt it will happen.

They have a car and can take him about more easily than me. He's a very large dog and would be almost impossible to transport about any other way. He's also too strong for us, my brothers a large guy and it's easy for him to control the dog. It isn't good to be dragged around by a dog that's still just a very large puppy. He's 18 months at present.

Anyway, totally off my point.
I do for others not for me, perhaps I should start doing stuff for me. It might seem selfish, but I've always been selfish on myself, not for others.

Yeah, perhaps it's that that my horoscope is pointing at.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

You state:

"I really wish I didn't feel so obliged to be so considerate of every other person in this world apart from me. I've been watching myself lately and everything I do, is out of consideration for someone else. There's hardly any room left for me.

Perhaps it's that that I'm clinging to, that I need to get rid of. I can't be forever on the keep sakes for others."

My thoughts....

Service to others is not typically something that one would feel negative about UNLESS it is service that is mandatory, required, and not of your choosing. Perhaps, in order to make more time for YOU, you could look at the service you do, and evaluate which parts are a) mandatory and cannot be gotten rid of, b) mandatory and can be shed, c) voluntary. Getting rid of (B) might help you find that greater sense of self.

Since visiting your new site, I notice a decline in photoimages. Do you still have your camera? I would relish seeing any of the sites of the city in which you live. Urban scenes can be so beautiful and dramatic. And, I am *sure* there has to be at least one pipe shop somewhere in your near vacinity... at least I hope so.

PipeTobacco