Wednesday 9 May 2007

I didn't want to let her go.

I looked at her and said "I'm living a stereotype." It was cold and dark, the sky was over cast with clouds. Her bike rested behind us next to the bench. The platform was all but empty aside from me, herself and a few others. The train was at platform two and was due to depart at 9:32pm.

"A stereotype?" She asked as I held her a little more tightly.

"Yeah, it's when you do something that's like something else" I tried my best to explain, "when you see movies, there's always a couple beside the train track, one is leaving, the other is staying. Just like you and me" I said looking down at her.

I held her in my arms for a long time, we must have stayed like that for 15 minutes. We shared many a kiss stood there.

I really can't remember that much of the conversation actually.

"I have to go" She said. She had to cycle back to where she was staying and it was pretty dark now. It was about 9:15pm. I walked with her back to the entrance to the train station where we hugged again.

"I want you to come to England and study" I told her. "I do want to, but it's hard, I need to pass some difficult tests to get accepted in a good university."

"I know" I replied, I was stroking her hand in mine. I looked at her and was straight out and honest with her "You really shouldn't do it though unless it's what suits you best. What is best for you. There's no reason coming here if you're going to be putting yourself out. Otherwise what benefit can you have?"
"I know" She replied. It wouldn't be fair to hold out my wants beyond her needs.

It really wouldn't be.

We kissed, pecking each other on the lips. All I could think was "just one more..." each time. I was trying desperately to stave off the inevitable parting of ways.

I didn't want her to go. She looked down and wiped a tear from her eye and said "bye..."

"Bye" I replied and watched her cycle off, she gave me one last look and then made her way off.

I did my best to just cut off my emotions. I'm tired of having to be split from those I care for. I feel quite low. I really need someone in my life at the moment.

She's leaving on Saturday, it'll probably be two years before she returns. I'm going to call in sick for work, I've really not left enough time to change days. I don't want to ask just in case they say no.

So, once again, I'm to say goodbye to her. I left her in China, now she'll be leaving me here in England.

Such is life.

1 comment:

SpringMist said...

A bittersweet post. I hope everything will work out one day for the both u!