Monday 7 May 2007

Another horoscope, from Jonathan Cainer.

Sometimes everything seems to work out just right. And sometimes it all goes wrong. Watch carefully and you'll notice, that while you may have a few friends whose ups and downs occur at the same time as your own, most of us are out of sync with each other. One person will be having a great day, while the person standing next to them will be having an exasperating experience. Whatever the reason, it is not a world-shortage of luck. So don't worry, yours is not about to run out.

Spot on.

All I wanted to do this evening was go to my comedy course thing. Every, and I do mean every, little thing that I did went wrong.

The northern line was out. I only found out whilst reaching the stations to change at, that the northern wasn't going from there. So I tried to find a bus. Couldn't, those bus maps on the bus stands are useless. I'd have better odds at telling where to go from speghetti slung over it.

So I thought about going back to where I knew where I could get the bus, but to be honest, I was already an hour and a half late, it was going to take, another 30 mins to get back. Then I'd have to wait for a bus and getting back up there by bus would probably be another half hour. So I thought long and hard and decided I'd just take it easy and go home. As I hadn't had a chance to stop the whole weekend. It was as good an excuse as any.

I reached my stop, got out, made my way to the barrier swipped my oyster card, error 34, or something. Tried again, same story. I went to the lady told her I topped it up just before I started out. She printed off the last few journeys and confirmed it.

"I don't know why that's happening" She said staring at her computer screen.

"Well, what can I do then?"

"I don't know, nothing like this has ever happened before."

"Well, I just put money into it. But it's probably me, nothing's gone right for me today." I said.

"The only thing you can do is to just get them to let you through the gates when you depart from your journey"

I left it at that, but it occured to me later, what would happen if I want to use the bus? What happens if it doesn't let me enter the station. Do I have to get someone to let me through each time?

So, even if I'd have found a bus I probably wouldn't have been able to use my card. And as I've spent all weekend travelling by tube all round London. I don't want to do it anymore.

It was like there was something didn't want me to go anywhere today. Odd.

No comments: