Sunday 8 April 2007

Brush you say? Daft as?

There are many times that I find my mind to be quite exceptional. It does me great credit at times. I've solved and figured out some fairly horrendous troubles now and then.

Then there are those times where my mind is tempered with daftness. An utter lack of anything concerning grey matter. Like that pink fleshy thing that rests inside my skull has suddenly developed a chronic catastrophic meltdown.

So begins my little lesson, something I realised not hours ago as I lay awake in my bed.

Take please, these three numbers, in this order.

747

Does it mean anything to you? No. I'll add some more information.

7/4/2007

Yes, it's a date.

Now I'll ask you what date it is. All you have to do is read it.

Firstly, I'll ask my cousins across the pond what the date is, then I'll ask all the English english speaking people what the date is?

Will we get the same answer from the u.s. and the uk with this combination of numbers? 7/4/2007

No. We most certainly do not.

Americans have the month first, then the day, then the year.

In the uk it is the DAY first, then the month and then the year.
Thus followed my crushing realisation that the movie Transformers I've been raving about the last few weeks wont be out untill July. Mid year.

Catastrophic shut down of anything resembling an intelect. I tell ya, I don't know how I survive at all sometimes.

No comments: