Friday 6 April 2007

Late nights, early morns, mixed with alarm clock confusion.

I have two phones. My old one, which I no longer use. My new one. They are both the same model. There's a few differences but they are to all intents and purposes identical.

I'd set my alarm on the one I am currently using, I'd also set the alrm for my old one. The reason I did this was to see if my old one worked, so I wouldn't need to leave my new one on. As people have a horrible habit of wanting to get in contact with me after I have gone to bed. Despite my many "please don't call after 9pm, I'm in bed trying to sleep" no one really pays much attention.

So, into my own hands it goes.

What I'd forgotten however, was that the time and date had reset itself on my old phone. Due to not having been used in about two years.

I'd set both alarms to go off for 5:15am.

As today is good Friday and a bank holiday I had an extra hour in bed, which was wonderful. Although I'd forgotten to change the alarm on my old phone.

So I then had my new phones alarm going off at 6:15am and the old one at 5:15am.

I turned the old one on, just as I was going to bed. Ah. As the time wasn't set, it started from 00:00. Therefore It was due to go off in just five hours and fifteen minutes. Around 1:30am, those wonderful 5 hours and fifteen minutes later.

I woke up hearing the alarm and reached up, everything was still dark, as I've grown accustomed to in my now morning ritual. I reached up and grabbed for the phone and stopped the clock. I looked at the time on it's face, sure enough it said 5:15am, so I had an extra hour of sleep, I lay down and allowed myself to drift away.

I next remember coming to from a worrying dream. I reached up and grabbed for one of the phones, I got hold of my current one and looked at the time.

1:45am

Buh. Wuh? Huh...

It then all clicked into place and I remembered that the time wasn't right on my old phone. I'd gotten confused in my nightime activities.

It was weird. I'd almost felt like a time traveller.

No comments: