Sunday 24 December 2006

Is it Christmas?

I've been at work so often I don't feel certain that it is. Not to complain though, two days off to put my feet up. It'll be nice.

I'm still coming to terms with this though, as I'm finding out. I'm quite stressed. Not work stress in the normal sense, but stressed having gone from one extreme to the other. Without a slow dip in, it's been playing havock with my state of mind.

I woke up again last night with my mind racing. All that was going through my mind was all the produce that we sorted through from the night before.
We were organising one hundred customers orders. We must have spent four hours on it.

Looking up one number and the product name. Then the next and then the next, all without a break. So I woke up at about 3am, probably a couple of hours after I'd fallen asleep. My mind would not turn off. I've never had anything quite like that happen to me. I tried thinking of something else, but the torrent of mental activity wouldn't let up. I managed to fall asleep about half an hour later.

But I'm stil very stressed out. It's going to be a little while before I'm back on an even keel. Going from hot to cold has been dificult for me.

I have a couple of days to do flip all and I intend to. Looking forward to some time off.

I just want to sleep and hide myself away.

But it'll be nice tomorrow, I've just got to give myself a little time. All will be well.

No comments: