Monday 23 April 2007

May I have a moan?

I don't really want to. But you're really the only person who'll listen, or at least stop by and read. So if you don't fancy reading me moan, by all means ignore the rest of this post.

I don't really want to. I want to talk and chat about all those fantastic and fun things that are happening. But there aren't really many to chat about. My life at the moment entails me, going to work, coming home and sitting in front of a computer screen.

It reminds me of a song my Irish mate played to me written by an Irishman about the Irish who lived and worked in London. One of the phrases in it was "London, no ones home", something like that anyway. It does feel like that sometimes.
In many ways London is a fantastic place to live. In many ways it isn't. It would be best for those coming to visit because there is just so much to do. Provided you've got the time the money and the mates to do it with. Everything is so expensive. Everyone is always working. The only time anyone goes out is for big social occasions. Nothing really casual.

So at the moment, I'm lucky to go out and see friends once a week, if that. London is quite a lonely place for me at the moment. Quite a lonely large city.

I'm also annoyed because they've declined my first week that I wanted to have off in june. When I wanted to go to Ireland and see my mate, Which means, I have the rest of this month to book the last 1.2 weeks (whatever the hell point two of a week is) of my holiday. Otherwise it'll be assigned, or worst of the worst, I'll lose it. It happened to one of the girls at the shop already. They seem quite happy to keep you in work and give you the pay for that holiday week extra at the end of a working month. Bless 'em. It's all very well and nice getting extra cash, but I need time off. It's good for the old mind. Good for your health.

I'm just so angry at the moment. So feckin cheesed off. All of this would be eons easier to deal with if I had some pleasure in my life. At the moment I get by by going to the movies once in a while and meeting my friend one a month down the pub.

Spartan is my existence at the moment. Very bear. Very holed.

Meh.

I keep thinking about this horoscope from Jonathan Cainer today.

'That was then, this is now.' Repeat those words at regular intervals throughout the day please. The past is a quagmire, into which you will sink if you place so much as one footstep there. Leave it alone. Just because a particular precedent has been set, you are not obliged to spend the rest of your life adhering to this pattern. The braver, the more honest, the more open and above board your plan now is, the more likely you are to experience immediate impressive success with it!

That was then, this is now. I'm finding it very hard to raise my head above the "bleurgh" level. Quite hard indeed.

That was then, this is now, that was then, this is now...

Didn't want to moan, but there's little else to do right at the mo. As soon as the good stuff comes I'll be writing all about it.

Anyway...

Day off tomorrow. A little 'yay!'. What'll I do? Dunno, not much to do.

That was then, this is now. I must lift my spirits.

Meh.

No comments: