Sunday 28 January 2007

The future.

It's the only destination I've ever been headed too. The only one I've longed to see and am seeing on the way. I often wondered what my life would be like in 2000 I think lots of us did. I know now, what it was like and how much has changed. I remember writing down the new years, during the 80's, in my school books imagining what the year would hold.

I could never had foreseen all the things that would happen to me. Never had known the places I'd travel to, the challenges I'd over come, how much I would change.

As much as I sit here now, that is pretty much all still true, this new year is still very young, I wonder a lot about the future. I read all the new scientific developments, electronic devices getting smaller, the very real possibility of being able to travel to outer space. All these things.

I feel in pace with my life, I feel that I'm going as I'm meant to. That all that needs to happen will happen for me. Even during the surprises.

I'm excited, I still have my childlike enthusiasm, I've never lost it, I never want to. It keeps me young. It keeps me going, it's what has held me up my whole life. I've taken the time to nurture it and let it grow within me.

Change is the only eternal constant. I have no idea what this is all about, but I look forward to finding out one day. Maybe it's all just some simulation in some computer game being played away in another time and place. Who can say?

So, I wonder what tomorrow brings, what next week brings, what next month will bring. I cannot wait to find out.
I do feel that sometimes I'm just going round in circles, but like I said last time, at least I'm being loaded up with more and more information round each pass. Although, where before, I often had a hard time of it, or things never seemed to go right for me. I've got to keep my chin up. This time is different, this year is different. I don't know if you feel that too. But this one feels good. I wonder if that's a common thought?

Anyway, I'm just mumbling on again, my little bit of hopefull wanderlust.

I want a good future. I will make it that way.

No comments: