Tuesday 16 January 2007

Children of men.

I love it, I still love it. Bought it on DVD today. Very pleased I did, such a great film. I still don't like the premise of the film, but it still grabs me and makes me feel for the characters and the struggle. Really well done.

If you still haven't seen it, please rent it or buy it. It's brilliant.

I also bought 'The Curse of Monkey Island', and have been trying to get the scummvm to work. That's the little bit of software that makes the game playable on the latest computers.

I think I'll have to read the instructions a little more carefully, as I'm generally not very good at doing that in the first place. I just try and bash out my understanding by pressing buttons and stuff. A very thug/bloke ish attitude I suppose. But I'm a simple guy at heart.

I also saw, whilst at hmv, that they now have Thundercats on DVD. I was almost swayed to buy, but best thought to leave the childhood behind. Except in the case of the new Transformers movie. Which I will be seeing. Nothing will keep me from it.

Oh yeah, before I forget. They've introduced a new anti theft device for the DVD boxes. It makes it neigh on impossible to take the DVD out of the case. I almost broke it trying to achieve this feat. That's both the case and DVD. Boy was cross.
They went a bit too nuts on the whole anti theft prevention. A consumer even has trouble getting it out now.

If you see a red bit of plastic on the right side of the box holding it shut. You've been warned. It took me a good ten minutes to get it out, without breaking it.

Anyway, I'll be seeing my nan tomorrow for my last two days off in a row for a time to come. Blurgh!

I hate work, but I like money. What do you do?

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I rarely watch films as most of what is published is rubbish here in the states. This film sounds intriguing though. I might just *cough* acquire a copy of it and watch it.

Ah, I wish I could be in London now. I've been twice in this short life of mine and the bustling streets still try to draw me back.

BTW, I haven't watched Eastenders or Coronation Street for months now. They grew old. I think you once wrote me a funny comment about them being a bunch of tripe. The story lines just got too ridiculous and repetitious and I grew tired of them. British life still fascinate me though and I thank you for writing and giving me a glimpse in the life of a good ole bloke.