Wednesday 15 November 2006

Thinking...

I've been looking at the BBC website, science and nature section. It's says that scientists have sequenced the DNA of extinct cave bears. That they should also be able to sequence the DNA of ancient humans.

I feel fairly certain, within myself, that the time will come that we'll be able to sequence and grow artificially any biological organism that has ever lived on this planet. Technology is moving on in such leaps and bounds that soon I'm sure most of the amazing will seem perfectly do-able.

100 years ago, we'd only just achieved flight. Another hundred years, we'll doing some amazing stuff. I'm pretty sure we'll all be living older but remaining as young and as healthy as were when we were in our late teens and early twenty's. All disease will have been cured.

So personally, I wish we'd all relax a little more. There will be nothing we wont be able to make better in the future, the control over our environment will be phenomenal. Then we can have a good old think about what it's truly all about. As robots will have all the jobs covered and all we really need to do is have a laugh and take it easy.

What do you think?

No comments: