Thursday 16 November 2006

Rainy day.

What can I do with my Thursday today, having looked outside and seen the weather of today, it is chucking it down, cats and dogs.

Hmm, if it literally were raining cats and dogs, the pavement would be extremely furry and bloody. And how could anyone get the expression raining cats and dogs too? It makes no real sense. Raining barrels of water I could stretch too, but not our furry four legged companions tumbling from the sky, tail over head in a mass of barking and hissing, biting and scratching.

Do you think it would rain one particular breed of dog or cat? What if it were a shower of Pomeranian's falling from the sky. Small cute fluffy doggies, what kind of umbrella would you need? The Pomeranian pro?
Another day you're out walking along the street and the heavens open up and you catch sight of a downpour of bull mastiffs. That would be a very painful experience I'd imagine, getting clobbered by large slobbering dogs from on high.

Hmm. Anyway.

What to do with today? The day before my important job interview, a day like any other really. I wish I had a mate who was as unemployed as me at the moment, I'd go have a knees up with them down at the pub. Perfect weather for it. If it were sunny I'd feel a bit guilty spending it in doors.

Perhaps I'll do some much needed bits and bobs shopping, there are some toiletries I need to get. I might grab a good book and go and sit in the cafe up the road for a while and have a read. I could carry on studying my Chinese. 我今天要了学习中文。

Al in all, it's my rainy day and who knows, I might be working from now on. Which'll mean giving up my long care free days. Ahh, back to the daily grind, I've not done that for a while. My last job was pretty darned easy.

I'll be off then. Have a good one.

No comments: