Tuesday 19 June 2007

So, where do you want to go?

We'd finished watching Fantastic floor "Rise of the Silver Surfer" and were wondering where to grab something to drink.

My friend, who came to London from Somalia when he was 13 suggested we go to Mcdonalds.

"Yeah, Maccy D's..." I replied with a whistful glaze in my eyes. I didn't really want to eat but I was hungry. So what the hey.

We walked in, past the part that was being redecorated and I went and queued up with my mate in tow. We waited a while and had aimless chit chat.

"So, how've you been?" He asked.

"Well" I responded.

"what did you think about the film?" I asked.

"It was good"

"I think it's much better than the first one" I replied. He nodded in agreement.

"Next please" The man behind the counter said interupting our aimless conversational journey.

I moved over and said "Can I have a big mac and a quarter pounder with cheese please"

"Just the burgers and not the meals" He said with a waving motion of his arm Which I copied and replied "Yeah, just the burgers."

My mate was stood directly behind me and I turned and said to him "You know, that's where I usually stand when I go to Macdonalds with someone else. It's also the point that the person behind the counter assumes that you aren't buying and anything because your mate has oredered two burgers." Refering to my two burgers ordered.

My mate just looked at me and smiled.

The man behind the counter came back with my food which I picked up and went to find a seat. I looked round as I was going and my friend was there.

"Aren't you getting anything?" I said to him really puzzled.

"No, no, it's alright."

"What!" I said in surprise "You said you wanted to go into McDonalds you c**t." A very Londoner thing to say at such an instance. It's simply a way of expressing how you feeel. Not everyones linguistic cup of tea, but there you go.

I felt a bit put upon as it wasn't my suggestion to go to McDonalds in the first place. Although I did agree. But, it's very typically something my mate would do and as he said.

"It's all part of my comedy routine" He said with a cheeky grin.

I just laughed.

Oh, by the way I spelt Fantastic FLOOR at the begining of the post intentionally. As I had this big fantasy when walking to the cinema to say that when asking for the tickets. As I didn't think anyonw would really hear the difference.

"Can I have two tickets for the fantastic floor please" I would say.

"Certainly sir, which seats would you like?"

Hehehehe....

No comments: