Saturday 24 February 2007

The tube and other stuff.

Firstly, I've been to the pub which means I'm back from the pub now. So I'm a little tipsy. I've not been drinking in a long time.

I saw my mate and his girlfriend from Strabane. Which was apt considering it's an English Irish rugby match today. Last I saw Ireland were up on us.

Anyway. Today, was my last day at Puntey, south London. I will not have to travel down there again. So I left with, as usual (refering to leaving home to go to China, then leaving china, then going to Italy and leaving there), mixed emotions. I'll miss the guys, but not the hours.

It happena, don't it.

I probably shouldn't be writing whilst half drunk, but there we go. Such is life.

But, on the way home today on the train, I sat opposite the mayor of London. Yes, him. Ken Livingston. He doesn't live to far from me as it turns out.
He was wearing this neck warmer thing which obscured the bottom half of his face. I was sat there, opposite him thinking, I recognise that person. In fact, I'm sure that's old Ken himself. It was. He was trying very much to cover his face and keep his voice down whilst he spoke on his mobile. I'm assuming to his wife. He mentioned "I'll be home soon love." Or words to that effect.

So a brief brush with the boss of london town as it were.

Anyway, I shouldn't be writing whilst half drunk. But I've not had a drink in ages. It was nice though. I've not done that in a while. Even if it was over in the blink of an eye.

I'll get back to you tomorrow, when I'm sobererererer.

No comments: