Thursday 22 February 2007

Teething troubles.

I popped into my new work of residence yesterday, I had a few questions. The male manager, nice bloke, over weight, mid to late 20's I'd say, was there. He said it was really weird, because he was just writing up all the stuff for my transfer over.

There was another lady there who was very nice too. It was reassuring for me. Nice people = nice place to work. So I was pleased.

Anyway, I covered two of the three things, I got round to the third.

"I need to find out about my holiday. I wanted to check with you as to what dates I could take in March?"

"Well, according to the system you've taken all your holiday time."

!

I looked at him blankly.

"I haven't taken any holiday at all since I started. Carol and Mitch said I had ten days holiday to take before April."

He looked a bit resigned to it.

"Well, we'll probably make a special exception for you then. We'll talk about it when you come in on Monday" He said, possibly to placate me, I don't know.

Although, I'm hopeful this might work out to my favour. I might get a full ten days. But, I might be able to drag them over to the next fiscal year. So, whereas now down where I currently work, I'd have to have them all before April, I might get some of them added to the next fiscal year.

Which will suit me down to the ground.

But we'll see.

Also, will I get to call work, work and not blerk. As I'm currently doing. Will things improve enough for me. I suspect so.
Also, my new work will have me doing other work. Namely counting the cash for the tills and making sure that they have money and stuff. Cash admin esque stuff. Don't know what the title would be for that and I also don't care.

Anyway, I'd do the cash bit downstairs until 11:15 then have my break, then upstairs for the busy period of the day on tills. No problem. Me likey.

Get some dull stuff that keeps you away from pesky customers, avoid doing any shelf filling and stock nonsense. I'll also be learning new skills, which will make me a more valuable employees.

Excellent.

Firmly getting more roots down in the soil and less likely to be uprooted for whatever reason.

It's all good. I just want a week off next month so I can go to Ireland and see my mate. That would be nice.

But I suspect, in the long term, this arrangement will pay dividends.

Time will tell.

Ciao.

No comments: