Tuesday 19 December 2006

2 weeks.

I think it's true for many things, that in order to get used to a new life, or a new change in life, will take two weeks.

I'm very used to work now, I don't even think about the time, or how dull the work itself is.
Thankfully, all the people I work with are the decent sort. I get to enjoy myself during the moments I can.

Whilst I'm doing well my mind wanders onto the old subject of what hours and times would I like to do if they offered me continuing work beyond the contract I currently hold (Which I hope they do). I wonder about going into work for myself, but I know, deep down, that sometime, somewhere I'm going to have to have something more stable and supportive under wing. My current hippy-ish lifestyle wont cut it forever. I need to be more productive and as teaching English is my strength at the moment, it'll have to be that.
Obviously, you do these things step by step, bit by bit. I have one person I know who would like lessons, an old friend of mine. Thank heavens I live in London. I have a wealth of possible students all over the place. I needn't look too hard.

I kind of think the life I've lived lends itself nicely to a life I might live. I have nice dreams about that. I couldn't say how long it'll take, if I'll even be able to get anything off the ground. But I'll find that all out as and when I start this.

I'm looking forward to being my own boss one day. No one to answer to but me.

wonderful.

I've got a day off tomorrow as well. Excellent. I wont be laying in though, I'm going to go shopping with my mum and sister-in-law. Mmm, day off... loungey.

I've also got to buy prezzies and stuff on very little cash. I could dump it on credit card, but I don't like doing that. I'm on financially thin turf. So best to keep it safe and be able to do something nice later on, rather than limp around on half empty all the time.

I think time for bed. Me sleepy...

No comments: