Friday 4 May 2007

Go!

I'd been asked to do overtime today because there were very few bodies in the shop to do the work today.

I was busy number crunching on one of the Microsoft powered pc's downstairs in the office with my back to the two in charge.

They, the manager and deputy, were hammering out the last orders of business before the deputy was to leave at bang on 12 midday. She had a plane to catch to Scotland for her holidays.
She'd asked 'L' to kick her out if she hadn't gone on time.

"Now, we've got a few trays left over from cold storage which need to go out. We've got a load of fruit and veg to put out upstairs as well." The deputy began as the manager, the big boss, in all senses of the word, he's quite fat, listened on.

"What about ready meals?" He asked as I was busy scratching my head as to where the figures had gone all screwy.

"The ready meals..." She paused to think "They're mostly worked now, I think there's only a couple of stacks left."

L entered the room and saw the deputy there. "Shouldn't you be going now?"

"One minute, I've just got to finish telling him about this." She interrupted. "Now we've organised who's going to cover Saturdays early morning shift, but I'm not sure who's going to close up that evening."
She's the one with the keys, and as she's going on holiday needs a cover.

The boss replied "I can do that, it wont be a problem."

"I've got Mondays and Tuesdays teams organised, so that shouldn't be a problem." She continued as I felt a vein start throbbing on my head from these screwy figures. 'Why the heck doesn't that add up?' I thought to myself as L interrupted the other two "Would you go now." She said to the deputy, turning to the boss L said "She asked me to kick her out if she hadn't gone on time. Go, it's ten past already, you don't want to miss your plane."

"One minute, I've just got to sort all this out..." The deputy replied, as my mind started to go a little bit mad at the figures.

"GO!" L said firmly.

"One minute"

"No, Go now." L was fighting her every step of the way. 'For someone who's going on holiday today she sure doesn't want to leave', I thought to myself as I suddenly realised I'd inputted the wrong figure's into the wrong parts. 'Oohhhh, that's why.'

"You need to make sure that jahir gets his pay on time. I've also counted out the money, with 'Y' (The white Russian), you just need to get it to him"

"will you please go!" L said, a little tension in her voice. "Can you believe it." She said to the big boss, who was being quite quiet behind his belly resting against the table.

"Go on, go. It's quarter past now. You'll miss the plane"

"I know, then I just wont have a holiday." The deputy affirmed.

'crazy lady' I thought to myself as the figures began to fall into place and things began to equate once more.

The deputy tried again "You just need to..."

"Go!" L insisted.

"... sort out..."

"GO!"

"When we're..."

"GO!"

'Now what the heck has happened to yesterdays card figures' I thought as I could feel the battle behind me reaching it's climax.

"ok... I'm going" She said as she stood up "To sort out when we're going to talk about 'you know who'" 'Obviously a private matter.' I thought. 'oh yeah, the card figures went into the cabinet earlier on' I continued on in my own world with my vein starting to lose it's throb.

"Alright bye" The deputy said.

"Go"

"I'm gone"

"Go" L was virtually chasing her out the door. I think she'd only just managed to win that round.

"I'll get back to you about 'you know who' later." The boss added as she was leaving the door.

"oh, one more thing..."

"GO!" L and the boss said in unison. "We can sort it out. Bye"

"Alright, bye" The deputy said, clearly having lost her ground.

Fortunately for me at the pc things started adding up and was able to wrap up another days figures. Phew!

No comments: