Wednesday 18 April 2007

Slowly turning thirty.

Five months then I'm thirty years old and recently, I've found that my daily motto is fast becoming "Another day, another hassle."

Is it because I'm getting older? Or is it simply because life is becoming more of a hassle.

I don't know.

What I do know is that I remember many people around my age, maybe slightly older from when I was younger saying more or less the same thing.

Most days, not all, but most, I find myself with new bodily pains and troubles. My back hurts in more places than it used to, it takes longer to get better now. My nose bleeds a lot. It takes a couple of days to heal up now, as opposed to one day.
I've got a pain in my left arm that feels like a cross between a sting and a stitch. It hurts if stretched into some positions.
Work just seems to get more complicated by the day. There's always something else to do, always something new added to the ever expanding pile. Some new difficulty added to make you more perplexed and puzzled.

When the phone rings, it's no longer good news like it used to be. I loved phones when I was younger, now though, it always seems to be bad news. How did it get hold of my number anyway?

I find myself sitting down wearing a frown on my face nagging my way across the Internet with my constant companion back pain.

~sigh~

Maybe I'm getting old-ish. I'm still very young and am not over that hill yet. Thankfully.
But I ask myself, is this the general direction that life's gonna take now? Generally slipping and sliding despite my frenzied kicks and scrabbles to maintain it as is?

At least I'm soon to be joining the 30 somethings soon. I partly look forward to seeing off my 20's. I do feel the need to mark the occasion though. Something poignant. Meaningful, to me, I don't care about anyone in this. It's only me going thirty that day, aside from the other thousands and thousands.

Anyway, here's to my slowly turning thirty...

Yay?

No comments: