Wednesday 3 January 2007

Day off.

I'll be popping over to see my friend in a few hours. During the time in between I'm going to have some of my home made veggie soup, some bread and butter whilst watching season 1 of Scrubs. Bliss.

I was thinking about that piece of glacial ice that broke off a year and a bit ago that no one noticed until recently. Now, if people can miss something like that, that's 24 square miles in size, what else can we miss?

Although, I suppose it's reasonable to assume that if not many people ever go there and you're looking at satellite photography of the area, it would be hard if not impossible to spot. You'd probably only manage that if you were sat on top of it when it decided to go for walkies.

But, if we're not looking for it, we don't see it. Such is life.

I think we all know eventually we'll all be swimming around the place and enjoying really really hot times with crazy weather. But, to be honest, I cannot wait for it. Change is good and sometimes we need a big kick in the rear to get things going. Making us change our ways.

Personally, I look forward to homes built into nature. With grass roofs, natural water filtering for drinking water, solar power.

As people have recently begun to notice, roofs take up a lot of space. So what better place to grow grasses and cut pollution. All the while reducing co2 and preventing flooding.
I remember thinking about this back in the 80's. I also remember that there is nothing new under the sun. I bet loads of us thought that.

Same brains + same place and time = same thoughts.

There are so many people it's now very hard to be the originator of a thing, someone, somewhere has probably had the same thought.

Anyway, enough of my mumbles. Time for breakfast. Yummy...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Robin,

I agree. Global warming will affect us all in this lifetime and will force us to change. We are already hearing mumbles of it in the US of A about the polar bear's possible extinction due to climate change. I long for simple straw bail homes and roof irrigation systems. I am lucky in that my footprint upon this earth is already pretty small. Take care and thanks for your thoughts. Enjoy the breakfast!