Wednesday 6 December 2006

Blimey.

8 hours, 1 half hour break. Sat on the till all day long.

The first 5 hours goes by pretty quick surprisingly. Then it drags. It's dificult to keep your mind on stand by like that for any customer that comes up. Really hard. I'm not used to it. although, by next year, it'll be old hat I'm sure.

I did get my hours changed as well, although I'm going to opt out of this Sunday as I've made a prior commitment to a friend of mine and I'm not not going to do it.

I'll also need that day off. I've gotta get my sea legs working. For which a day off will help me out.

I was cream crackered this morning. I was sat on the sofa till about 3 this afternoon. I let my brain go. I remembered very quickly that while you're on the job, you're on the job. When a customer is there, you're on, ready or not.

This will take me a little while to adjust to again.

Although I like the people there. Decent folk. I get to have a little bit of a laugh with 'em.

It's late and I've got to be good for work in the morning, or rather, afternoon (hellish hours). I needed this day off to recuperate or I'd have probably burnt myself out. I've got to get used to this type of work again. Forgot how easy I'd had it.

Night.

No comments: