Monday 22 January 2007

Doctors.

It was the same guy I saw not four weeks ago. The one who was fairly patronising about my want for a sick note the last time. Ooh...

Oh well, I thought, f' it. Just get on with it.

"So, what seems to be the problem, Mr thingy majig" He asked me.

"About February, march last year, I got out of the shower and my ear started ringing. Then it went away for a couple of days but came back. It's been on and off since then."

"Hmm, highly unusual for someone as young as you to get ringing in the ear. Lets take a look."

He grabbed a box off the desktop and inside was one of those 'poke in your ear to have a look' thingys.

He stood next to me and I tilted my head so he could get a better look.

He grabbed my right ear and I felt the cold of the instrument go in. He rummaged a bit then said...

"WOW! That is the mother load of wax." He said with a bit of astonishment, "let's have a look at the other one"

He moved round and did the same with my left ear, "Nope, this one has very little wax."

He sat down and gave me a prescription, for some olive oil ear drops.

"You are to put two drops of this in your ear at night. In order for it to work properly you will also need to soak some cotton wool in the olive oil, until it's saturated, then place that into your ear to stop the drops from evaporating and let them do there work. Then in 4 or 5 days make an appointment with the nurse to flush your ear out. You should find that the ringing will go away too."

Wow.

For the first time in about a year, I will finally get rid of the ringing in my ear. The ringing that's there right now, eeeeeeeeeeee. The one that accompanied me through Italy.
It's going to be so good. I've also learnt not to be bothered by it at all. So, I've gained two things from this.

Wonderful. I can't wait for it to stop ringing. This is going to be fabulous. I should also be able to hear a bit better out of this ear after syringing too.

I'm pleased it's just ear wax. Wow, I can't believe it's going to be gone soon. Mmm... wonderfull. Bring it on.

No comments: